Checkpoints™ Program is approximately a 90-minute program that is designed to reduce teen crashes and violations. This program will help you:
- Help your teen be safer when they become a new, independent driver.
- Establish and personalize a free, interactive Parent-Teen Driving Agreement to help you set safety expectations as your teen gradually increases driving complexity and responsibility.
All students who currently have an INTERMEDIATE RESTRICTED Graduated Driver License are encouraged to register.
Benefits & Outcomes
New teen drivers are at greater risk for crashes when:
- driving during the first months without adult supervision
- driving at night
- driving with passengers
- driving on high speed roads
- driving in poor weather conditions
- driving on unfamiliar roads
Families who completed the Checkpoints™ program experienced:
- an increase in the understanding of teen driving risks
- establishing guidelines to reduce risks beyond the Graduated Driver License Law
- written agreements to reduce teen driving risks
- a reduction in risky teen driving behaviors
At least one parent or guardian must attend with the teen driver and jointly complete a parent-teen driving agreement to receive a discount on a student parking permit (Jessamine County Schools only) and other incentives, such as a gas gift card.